Tour De Café
Coffee may be Colombia’s #2 biggest export (behind crude petroleum and coal briquettes), but visiting a coffee farm should be #1 on your list of things to do in Medellín.
Coffee is an integral part of the lives of nearly two thirds of the world’s population. Colombia is the third highest producer of coffee behind Brazil and Vietnam. Colombian coffee is known for producing a mild, well-balanced bean. A majority of Colombia’s coffee is produced to the west of Medellín in a region called the coffee triangle. Coffee production in Colombia is also found on several fincas (family farms) near Medellín.
OLSA International works with an authentic working sustainable coffee farm. Located in the lush hills of Medellin, this coffee finca brings to life the full coffee process, from bean to cup! Experience the culture and the customs of Colombia at just 30 minutes from El Poblado!
On this tour enjoy fresh roasted and ground coffee while you learn about the coffee process during the “cata de café”. And finally, finish the tour with an authentic Colombian lunch at a local restaurant!
- 9:00AM – Meet at OLSA Internacional.
- 9:45AM – Check-in with guide and receive tour introduction.
- 10:00AM – Board transport for coffee finca.
- 10:30AM – Arrive at coffee finca
- 10:30AM – Enjoy the tour!
- 12:00PM (approximately) – Have lunch
- 2:30PM (approximately) – Board transport for OLSA International.
- 3:00PM (approximately) – Arrive in El Poblado