Medellín, the eternal spring, the capital of the mountain, the city of events, and the land of enterprising dreamers is known for its great climate and friendly people. Join us as we look at one of the most iconic sites that has helped make Medellin the most innovative city in the world (2013). After the Comuna 13 tour, enjoy an afternoon on a finca located nearby.
- Tour of the Medellin Metro and MetroCable systems – is the first gondola system in the world dedicated to public transport, with a fixed schedule. This system soars high above the steep mountainous regions of the Medellin metropolis to connect the underdeveloped comunas, many of which cannot be accessed by bus, with the Medellin Metro system. Studies have shown that the introduction of the MetroCable system has significantly reduced crime in the Medellin metropolis and has contributed to a stronger belief in the individual’s future. The Medellín MetroCable system has been listed one of the most important tourist attractions of the city.
- Comuna 13 – is known world-wide as one of Medellín’s biggest success stories in the transformation and revitalization of this neighborhood’s once dangerous past. As an integral part of the tour you will also you will have the opportunity to see some of Medellin’s greatest street art and ride the famous escalators.
- 7:40AM – Meet at OLSA International.
- 8:20 AM – Board transport for San Javier Metro Station – Take tour of MetroCable line J.
- 9:00 AM (approximately) – Arrive at Comuna 13 neighborhood for the Street Art tour.
- 11:30 PM – (approximately) – Have lunch at local restaurant
- 1:00 PM – (approximately) – Take tour on the Medellin Metrocable system from the San Javier station to the Aurora station, then back again!
- 3:30 PM (approximately) – Return to OLSA International.