Parque Arví/Comfama Ropes Course – Parque Arví is both an ecological nature preserve and Pre-Hispanic archaeological site. It covers 16,000 hectares, 1,760 of which are in the state of natural forests. It is equipped with 54 miles of navigable trails and is a major tourist attraction, known for its wildflowers, butterflies, birds and trails. Located within the Parque Arví boundaries is another park called Parque Comfama, which is designated as an ecological science center; mainly centered around youth science experiments. In addition, Parque Comfama is home to one of the best ropes courses in Colombia. The eight different routes with varying levels of difficulties contain obstacles, zip-lines and other challenges that you navigate by yourself (after the safety course). It’s great!
- 8:15AM – Travel to Acevedo Metro station.
- 9:00AM – Take the metro to the Acevedo Metro station. Once at the Acevedo Metro station, change from the metro to the Medellin MetroCable and take it to Parque Arví. From Parque Arví we will take the bus to Parque Comfama.
- 10:30AM – Once at Parque Comfama, we will explore some of the science experiments, try to climb a volcano and play on the infinity swing as we wait our turn for the ropes course.
- 11:30AM (approximately) – When it’s our turn for the ropes course, we will put on our harnesses and be given a safety course and general instructions by the professional course staff. After that it’s time to climb! (NOTE: attached Go Pros are allowed, but not cameras – both of your hands must be available at all times).
- 1:00PM (approximately) – When ready, we will eat a picnic lunch at one of the Parque Comfama picnic spots.
- 2:00PM (approximately) – Once everybody has finished their ropes course and played on the swings and volcano, we will return through the Parque Arví Metro station to Medellin and back to OLSA.