Coffee Rhapsody Tour
Coffee may be Colombia’s #2 biggest export (behind crude petroleum and coal briquettes), but visiting a coffee farm should be #1 on your list of things to do in Medellín.
Coffee is an integral part of the lives of nearly two thirds of the world’s population. Colombia is the third highest producer of coffee behind Brazil and Vietnam. Colombian coffee is known for producing a mild, well-balanced bean. A majority of Colombia’s coffee is produced to the west of Medellín in a region called the coffee triangle. Coffee production in Colombia is also found on several fincas (family farms) near Medellín.
OLSA International works with an authentic working sustainable coffee farm. These small coffee (and cacao) farmers work in cooperation with the indigenous population providing them with jobs and paying fair wages. Enjoy a day learning about and participating in the entire coffee process and the lifestyle of the farmers that produce it.
On this tour enjoy several cups of fresh roasted and ground coffee prepared using at least four different methods. Learn about the coffee process during the “cata de café”. And finally, finish the tour with an authentic Colombian lunch, prepared by the finca family!
- 8:00AM – Meet at OLSA International.
- 8:30AM – Check-in with guide and receive tour introduction.
- 9:00AM – Board transport for coffee finca .
- 9:45AM – Arrive at coffee finca
- 10:00AM – Enjoy the tour!
- 12:30PM (approximately) – Have lunch at finca.
- 1:30PM (approximately) – Board transport for OLSA International.
- 2:00PM (approximately) – Arrive at OLSA International.